When there are so many food and wine festivals and other public events out there, why participate in the Taste of WGBH Food & Wine Festival? For starters, you are supporting the #1 producer of independent public television and radio content in the country, as well as a local broadcaster. We strive to be a sustainable and educational event, while offering you exclusive opportunities to engage and build your brand. Want to know who has participated in the past?
- Chef bio and photo included on website
- Opportunities to appear in national and local ad campaigns
- Opportunities to be featured in editorial articles about the festival and related content
- Opportunities to be invited to participate in special exclusive engagement opportunities, including live demos and book signings
- Your logo with a link to your site on the festival website
- Logo included in printed program distributed to 3500 attendees
- Chef photo and restaurant name included in printed program
- Logo included on posters posted in 5 states
- Social Media mentions as opportunities are available
- If participating in the Artisan Taste or Food Fight, the opportunity to win the award
Ingredient sponsorship + Food Cost info
While we do not charge restaurants a fee to participate, we also do not reimburse for food cost. We provide an enormous amount of marketing and onsite exposure, including opportunities to be featured in ads locally and nationally. Additionally, we work very hard to offer ingredients at no cost to chefs through arrangements with very gracious sponsors. This is not guaranteed and some items are first-come first-served as supply is limited. Stay tuned!
- Utensils, Plates/Bowls, and Napkins
- Tabletop Sign With Your Restaurant Name and Location
- Waste Bins
- Culinary Volunteer (with advanced notice)
- Vector Logo for use in all marketing
- High Resolution Chef Headshot
- Brief Chef Bio
- Completed Registration
Deposit Check for $500
- Reminder- this is not a fee, it's a deposit only. Make check payable to Flavour Events, mail to: 1337 Massachusetts Ave. #132, Arlington, MA 02476
- Completed City of Boston Temporary Food Permit (by 9/1/2017)
Insurance Certificate (by 9/15/2017)
- Coverage in the amount of $1,000,000 or more in general liability insurance, plus proof of workers comp. The Description of Operations Field should name WGBH and Flavour as additionally insured on all policies (excl. worker’s comp). The event takes place at 1 Guest St., Boston, MA 02135. WGBH Educational Foundation is the certificate holder.
- Complete the WGBH Culinary Stewardship Award Application if you would like to be considered for the award AND are registered for the Artisan Taste (by 9/1/2017)
- If you are participating in the Chef's Gala- Bite-sized portions of a dish reflecting your signature style to pair with the wine selection assigned.
- If you are participating in the Artisan Taste- Bite-sized portions of a dish reflecting your signature style, PLUS you will need to specially plate for 7 judges, including 1 plate for photos on a dish you bring.
- If you are participating in the Brunch Bar- Bite-sized portions of a dish reflecting your signature style, with a brunch twist.
- If you are participating in the Food Fight- Your take on "International Street Food" keeping with the theme of the competition and reflecting your signature style.
Please Note! You may not use gas, propane, or sterno for heating or cooking. If you are planning to use a grill, we need to know by August 1st to accommodate that in our permit with the fire department. We have a few extra electric chafing dish heating units (you supply the chafing dish), and a few electric induction cooktops to loan out (you bring the pans). You must request this prior to September 1st if you will need them. You should have whatever items you need to maintain sanitation onsite, though we do have access to water and handwashing stations in a few locations throughout the space.
Every year we have culinary students who graciously volunteer their time to help out. They are in limited supply, so please let us know ASAP if you would like an extra set of hands onsite.
See the List HERE
See Terms and Conditions HERE.
CLICK FOR REGISTRATION FORM
DOWNLOAD THE City of Boston TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE APPLICATION HERE
DO NOT SEND TO THE CITY OF BOSTON! Please send the completed form to us at:
1337 Massachusetts Ave. #132
Arlington, MA 02476